In January 2016, Joanne Peters, owner of Smooth Transitions, proudly became a Senior Move Manager and member of the NASMM to foster and promote the burgeoning senior relocation industry in San Luis Obispo County. Joanne combined her real estate career (started in 1987) as a Senior Real Estate Specialist with her new Senior Move Management company, Smooth Transitions to become the first full-service Senior Relocation company on the Central Coast.
The NASMM is the leading membership organization for Senior Move Managers and is recognized for its innovative programs and expertise related to senior move management, transition, and relocation issues affecting older adults.
- NASMM members specialize in helping older adults and their families with the daunting process of downsizing and moving to a new residence.
- NASMM members are experienced professionals, bound by a pledge of integrity, committed to safety and ethics, and dedicated to continuing professional development.
- NASMM members offer downsizing, sorting, organizing, estate dispersal, photo preservation and senior real estate services.
- NASMM members move you expertly, compassionately, and affordably.
Relocation not for you? Then let Smooth transitions help you Stay At Home.
Moving may not be the best decision for you or your aging family member right now — due to personal choice, financial considerations, etc. But you still desire a change. Later in life, or at any age, our homes often become cluttered with our “stuff.” Your homes may not work as well as they did a few years ago, or maybe decades ago. Maybe you are overwhelmed by the daunting prospect of downsizing, de-cluttering, organizing, and discarding. You may need a lot of help, or just a little encouragement and assistance. Either way, Smooth Transitions, Central Coast can help with NASMM@HOME services.
We can assist you and your family with numerous downsizing and simplifying tasks in a current home! We apply the same coordinated, compassionate organizing techniques to help you STAY in your home as we do to help you move.
Smooth Transitions, Central Coast will provide guidance, encouragement, and hands-on help. We understand the physical and emotional stresses associated with later lifestyle changes, as well as the ethical, safety and communication issues that accompany working with older adults. Our focused services accomplish a great deal in very little time, so you save both time and money. The end result: You are happier with how your existing home looks and feels!
- Defining your vision: “Where do we begin?” We can help you prioritize what areas need work.
- Creating a floor plan and repurposing your existing space so it works better for you NOW.
- Evaluating what you want in your home.
- Deciding what will be donated, sold or discarded and executing your wishes.
- Determining your future needs and simplifying your lifestyle ~ gaining the freedom to live the life you want. (For example, the things you use daily must be in easy-to-access places.)
- Exploring home care maintenance concerns.
- Reducing home safety concerns and eliminating common in-home hazards.
SMOOTH TRANSITION, CENTRAL COAST can help you adapt your home for who you are now.
Downsize. Simplify. Stay at Home.